Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Roll of Thunder, Let Me Sleep

It's a bit gloomy here. Sort of matches my mood. (Guess who still has a project that's not going much of anywhere?) On the upside (never say I'm not optimistic) all the thunderstorms keep the temperature down. (if not the noise). It really is strange. I know "rolling thunder" is like a figure of speech, but I never really heard thunder "roll" before. It was mostly one BOOM! and then it was done. Here though, there may not be any visible lightning (I guess it sparks between clouds or something) but the thunder just keeps going, and going, and going... (like a drum roll of epic proportions).

As fascinating as it is to finally understand that English speakers don't just attach random adjectives to make stuff seem more poetic, I really do want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment