Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Taking the Project To the Next Dimension

I finally got to see the Hexapod! I've been working on programming a computer model all summer, and today I finally went out to Metzingen to see the actual structure.
The hexapod!
It's really awesome. Instead of working on programming it's movement, today I helped connect cables to get the whole contraption set up. Turns out the hexapod I was working wiht is only a part of the larger picture. You take the independent hexapod and mount it to the end of a three axis crane system and then run a small tube of concrete through it. Think large scale 3D concrete printer.
One tiny section of the cables that needed connecting
Despite getting the system closer to fully set up, I'll have to leave before it makes it's fist test run. Clearly, this means I"ll have to come back and visit to see it fully operational.
Eventually the hexapod will be mounted to this crane

No comments:

Post a Comment