Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hangingout with the USA

Today was a fairly lazy day. Since I was still working through finding the one bug in my.. many.. rotation matrices, I couldn't exactly say I was "enthusiastic" or "excited." I mean, I'm a CS person. I don't really care so much about how to change a vector in the frame of the joint from the position of the base to a vector from the platform in the frame of the world. I mean, I see it's useful, but actually figuring out all the right rotations... (especially when you can only rotate in specific directions depending on the joint - and it matters which order rotating x then y != rotating y then x. Though computer correctly, either can get you to the right place. ><

I have all of the windows. ALL OF THEM
What it looks like to be verifying your model's accuracy

Also my computer is slow. Like reaaaaalllllllllyyyy slow. It's often the case that I'll click something and then get to wait around 30 seconds before something happens. It just sort of sets the mood for it to be a lazy day.


As a group of internationals, we've been trying hard to get a good "German experience." I guess that it was a bit too much though for some of our non-German speakers. So today instead of going to a German restaurant, we went to.... an Asian place. Now I was the one who didn't know what people were talking about. It was a good reminder to take it a bit slower with the people who didn't know the language.

The reason though, that this post is so late/early, is because today there was a meeting to plan Simmons' REX events. (A dorm-recruitment thing that happens before classes start in the fall at MIT) Since people are all split up around the world for the summer, they decided to have the meeting at 10pm. EST. Which works out to be 4am. woooo! (yea, I'm not sleepy at all...)

Unfortunately due to some previously mentioned internet issues (current working hypothesis at least), I wasn't able to join in on the discussion. Maybe next time I'll try from somewhere else on campus. Though going somewhere else on campus seems a little sketch at 4am. (no 24 hour library D: ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment