Monday, June 10, 2013

If at First You Don't Succeed...

Today was a day of second tries. For the project, I was trying to get was working on Friday morning (but not Friday afternoon) to work again. I'm now ALMOST to where I should've been on Friday. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy debugging? (A whole lot. It's like totally my most favorite thing in the whole wide world. blegh) Currently I can change some of my variables by using some cool functions (very badly/not at all documented) in Matlab. But not all of them. And I can't figure out why. Debugging is great.

Since everything was closed yesterday, I went to get groceries today. So did everyone else. It was a massive pilgrimage to the grocery store. For me though, I got to take a second shot at getting on the bus, after forgetting my bus pass. (getting things right the first time would be too easy).

Safely (though a bit wet- it's raining here. again. I thought it was summer?) arriving in the center of Vahingen, I go first to find a bookstore. I like to read. A lot. I also didn't bring that many books with me. And it's been a WHOLE WEEK. So, I needed to find a bookstore. Unfortunately, unlike American bookstores which stay open fairly late any day of the week, the few ones I had marked on my super deatailed sketched-on-the-back-of-my-hand map closed before I got there. So I'll have to try again.

The grocery store, more importantly perhaps, was open though. Stocking up with enough food for the week, I re-discovered the tiny book section they had. Despite the small selection, they did have a few titles I was interested in. I ended up going for a book I hoped would be at a middle-school range reading level: a translated version of The Host by Stephanie Meyer. If her writing is anything like people complain about, I might actually have a chance of getting though this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment