Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hikin' in the Rain

It was raining today. What activity best suits rainy days? Correct! Hiking. (Wrong. This is actually not recommended. That much.)

Since I was feeling a bit guilty for going to an IKEA while in Germany, I decided today I would get in touch with the countryside. Conveniently, there's a beautiful nature preserve right behind the dorms with many beautiful, well kept trails. Inconveniently, it rained today. (I chose to ignore it)

You just have to look reeeeally closely
You can't see it as well as I'd hoped, but it's raining really hard

Hiking:

What rainy days are good for:
-Being Alone. No one else will be around to watch you make a fool of yourself hiking through sheets of water. They correctly translated 'rain' as 'buckets of water falling from the sky', and stayed home.

So all alone/ there is no one here beside me. <3 spamalot
I'm all alone

-Pretty Pictures. Well, the rain has to end sometime, and when the sun comes out it'll be really pretty. If you're lucky you might even see a rainbow. (I didn't have luck today)

It's not an octopus's, underwater, or in the shade, but I'll share it with you anyways
I want this to be my secret garden

-Cleanliness. It never hurts to have an extra shower a day, or cleaner clothes. (The cleanliness comes from the extra shower and washing you have to do once you get back)


What rainy days are not good for:
-Staying dry. Rainproof jackets are not always up to all levels of rain power.
-Getting Directions. (See Being Alone)

I'll let my imaginary friends sit there. The rain today wasn't my imagination, so they should be fine
Would be a good place to rest. They're soaking wet though

-Traction. This is a vital chemical reaction to be aware of: H20 + dirt --> dangerous, slippery slopes + mud (for you to fall into-- at least it's a squishy landing)

not pictured: the giant leap you would need to take to get on the branch
Has nothing to do with traction, but still not a place one should try to walk

Despite the rain, I actually did have a really good time hiking, and only really got lost once. (Right about the time I realized I was a bit lost, I happened across a map... I mean, I totally meant to go this way... ¬.¬)

No comments:

Post a Comment