Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Usefulness of Time Turners

There are certain instances where having a time turner would be really useful. They're particularly common when you're in a significantly different time zone than basically everyone else. The time turner could fix all of the conflicts I have between sleeping and talking to people.

There aren't any time turners though (that I've heard of) so I guess I'll just have keep communicating out of phase with everyone else. It's actually remarkable how perfectly my schedule is out of phase. >< Perhaps this is why email was invented.

I can't really imagine being able to come here for a summer without the internet. I mean, if there wasn't any internet, how would I coordinate with MIT to sign up for fall classes, or work with people from my dorm on setting up events for the incoming freshmen? (We're working on a puzzle hunt. I'm super excited!)

It's a teeny bit frightening that I've become so accustomed to and dependent on the internet. We were asked as part of the program, "What are your thoughts on international innovation?" Currently I'm thinking, "thank goodness for the world wide web." (It's either this or we'd need cloning...)

No comments:

Post a Comment