Friday, June 21, 2013

The Grass Is Always Greener

I admit it. I'm beginning to miss home a tiiiiiny bit. Particularly the internet. (Which doesn't default the language to German, and then not let you change it back) and the libraries (with lots of books. In English.) I mean castles, history, exciting cities I've never been to? Please. How could that compare with good old home town suburbia?

Ok, so maybe I'm not actually missing home that much yet. But not having as much instant access to distractions is well, forcing me to think about things. (How terrible. Doesn't the universe recognize summer as brain-is-turned-off time?) Thinking about things is only fun though is something can actually come out of it. Which isn't super likely if you're sick. (yea, I'm back to that again, sorry)

On the bright(er) side though, I think I'm getting better (whoo!) So I should be able to do stuff this weekend (the important part of being in Europe, clearly) I'll get to see lots of great German countryside where the hills truly are greener (especially with all the rain that's been coming through) than at home. :D (CA is known for the golden hills-- translation: brown, possibly dead, certainly dry-- not green grassy meadows)

No comments:

Post a Comment